Penalties for traffic rules violations vary in different states of the USA. Therefore, the United States has launched its own penalties payment portal for the different departments with which people can easily pay their traffic ticket fines online.
This means now they don’t need to stand in the queues and wait for hours in municipal courts for the payment. Meanwhile, if they have any queries regarding a traffic ticket, they can get the entire information from this portal. Similarly, New York also has a “Traffic Violation Bureau” specific court where you can make tickets payment, plead and make an appeal when you are not guilty.
If you get a traffic ticket from a traffic officer, you can make payment online by following this method.
What to Do If Receiving a Traffic Ticket in NY?
If you get a traffic ticket from the traffic police, you can go for any of the things mentioned below:
- Either pay a fine, plead guilty and make surcharges due to traffic rules violation.
- If you are the culprit and have proof of this, you can plead on this online portal “not to be guilty” or in the municipal court. Once you plead, the court will schedule a hearing in the Traffic Violation Bureau, where a traffic ticket will be issued in your name.
- Do ensure to keep your driving license record free from violation allegations. Because if you get in any violation, then there are chances your license will be suspended. Therefore, pay your fines, surcharges, and fees whenever you get a traffic ticket.
- Reschedule your hearing of “not guilty” only one time. If you do not reschedule your hearing, maybe you will lose your case. Chances are there; your fine will be increased.
Ways to Pay Your Traffic Ticket in New York City
You can use it anyways to pay your traffic ticket fine in NYC. The methods are as follows:
1. By Mail or At TVB Office
You can make the payment through mail or apply for the hearing schedule by visiting the TVB office. The mailing address of the office is:
Traffic Violations Plea Unit
PO Box 2950-ESP
Albany, NY 12220-0950
Here are the few things that you need:
- Traffic ticket issued on your number
- Credit card/money order/check
- Equipment Violation resolution proof in case of a traffic ticket issued on your name due to vehicle parts damage.
2. Online Traffic Ticket Payment
You can make payment online when you plead guilty through DMV Traffic Violation Bureaus online portal by following these steps:
- Get your number for the TVB traffic ticket
- Have DMV Identity number
- If you didn’t remember your ID number, provide your date of birth, full name, and gender as mentioned on your traffic ticket.
Once you have collected the material, follow these steps:
- Go to the online portal and choose the option “Make the payment.”
- You may need to fill in details such as last name, DMV ID number, and other information. This is done to verify the identity of the person.
- Once the procedure is done, click on the option “Continue.”
- On the payment page, enter debit card/credit card details to make the payment for the traffic ticket.
- Click on “Submit.”
3. Through Call
You can also pay your ticket fine by calling the New York State DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) or the Traffic Violation Bureau Department to make the payment of the traffic ticket. Here are some of the contact details:
Contact Number: (718) 488-5710
Monday to Friday- 8 am to 4 pm.
Penalty Points for Speeding Violations
The penalty points for speeding violations are very similar to the NJMCdirect. These are as follows:
- If the speeding point exceeds more than 11, then you have to pay penalties. If you receive three tickets of speeding violation within 18 months, then the driving license of the following person is suspended.
- If you get a speeding violation ticket for more than six within 18 months, you get a heavy penalty known as “Driver Responsibility Assessment Fees.”
Here are some more speeding violation points.
|Exceeding speed more than (0-10 mph)||up to 3 points|
|Exceeding speed more than (11-20 mph)||up to 4 points|
|Exceeding speed more than (21-30 mph)||up to 6 points|
|Exceeding speed more than (31-40 mph)||up to 8 points|
|Exceeding the speed of more than 40 mph||up to 11 points|
|Uncontrolled driving||up to 5 points|
|Using a phone or texting during driving||up to 5 points|
|Crossing red lights, not following traffic signals, and crossing yield sign||up to 3 points|
Traffic Violations Bureau Office Locations
Here are the different Traffic Violation Bureau Office Locations:
30-56 Whitestone Expressway (between Downing Street and 31st Avenue), Flushing
696 East Fordham Road (between Cambreleng and Crotona Avenues)
168-35 Rockaway Boulevard, 2nd Floor (between 148th Avenue and 175th Street), Jamaica
2875 West 8th Street (between Sheepshead Bay Road and Surf Avenue)
1775 South Avenue, Suite 2 (between Industry Road and Spencer Street)
625 Atlantic Avenue, 2nd Floor (between Fort Greene Place and 6th Avenue)
2 Washington Street, 5th Floor
159 East 125th Street, 3rd Floor (between Lexington and 3rd Avenues)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find your ticket by visiting the Traffic Violation Bureau Department portal’s online portal and going to the “Search by Plate Number.” Here you can see all the information regarding your traffic ticket by filling in some relevant details like name, ID number, and others.
If you get any traffic ticket, it usually takes 10-14 days to show online.
A. You can pay your traffic ticket online by following these steps:
Go to the official portal NYC311, which is the official website of the traffic ticket.
Click on the “Make Payment”
You will see the link “Camera Violation Payment or Parking Ticket.”
Click on any links and fill in vital information such as violation number, ticket number, and license number. You need to fill in the violation type and the location where your vehicle is registered.
Click on Continue and make the payment using your credit/debit card.
You can pay by following any of the three ways such as:
At the TVB office
In a nutshell, this is the complete detail about how you can pay your penalties using an online portal in NYC. Making payment through this portal is very easy, and you can pay securely without visiting the department. However, make sure whenever you get any traffic violation penalty, make payment on time to avoid issues of license suspension.
Hi, I am Stracy from Ner Hersey. Basically I’m a blogger and content writer. I have been writing and blogging for over 6 years.
I have started this blog to let people know about Njmcdirect portal in detail so that they dont get any issues while using this online login portal which i faced 2 years back while paying a traffic challan on njmcdirect.com